Community Action Blackburn (CAB) are a Community owned and Community led charitable organisation working in partnership with statutory and voluntary organisations to engage, assist and support the community in addressing concerns regarding community life issues ultimately leading to improved health, family life, knowledge, confidence, skills, opportunities, environment, safety and a reduction in anti-social behaviour.
Community Action Blackburn need your help. We are developing a Local Place Plan for Blackburn and putting forward proposals
to develop the former Hopefield Nursery as an Education, Skills and Training Hub.
Thursday 7th March 2.30-4.30 pm and 6.30-8.30 pm
Have Your Say! click here for the poster (pdf opens in a new tab)
Read the latest AGM report here (pdf opens in a new tab)
We adopt a bottom-up approach with one of the main foundations being sustainability, achieved through
• Community interaction, involvement and ownership
• True partnership working
• Effective use of funding and available resources to reduce costs
• No duplication of work
• Outcomes linking into those of partner agencies, local authority, curriculum for excellence and national outcomes.
We proceed on the basis of a whole community approach ensuring that everything we do is all inclusive and that the views and thoughts of all age groups are listened to and, most importantly, heard.
Being the anchor organisation for Blackburn we
• work closely in partnership with statutory and voluntary bodies; and
• play a close supporting role in the development and the delivery of the local regeneration plan, known as ‘Blackburn’s’ Future Plan’ (BFP).
Our 5 year plan for 2023 to 2028, ‘Building a Stronger Blackburn’ can be viewed here